Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Conferences just have a mind of their own.

So here I am in Whistler, medical conference on a break, back at it in 30 minutes.
Hotel is lovely - food is fabulous, staff have been amazing, doctors are happy. That is a good thing.
However they have a tendency to write their own rules and change the program to suit the mood (such as the hockey game last night) Thank goodness the chef hadn't started to do major cooking when they decided they would move the after dinner talk to before dinner. Staff = amazing, yes I'll repeat myself.
My student is doing a wonderful job. I think she is enjoying herself immensely.
Quite possible we are the only people in the hotel - at least it feels like it. Very quiet here.
Had traditional lunch and a couple of demonstrations at the Squamish/Lillooet Cultural Centre. Then came back to the room for a rest. I hit the wall about 11am. - Will I make til the end of dinner? Nothing that coffee and eyedrops won't fix. 3:30 for apres ski refreshments and then the robotic talk by Goldenberg. - I love listening to him speak - there is humour, drama, science, facts and amazing pictures. He is such a good speaker.
Well that is about it for now. We will check out the village and do a few things like that tomorrow after check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment